Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Reviewing Fantasia (1940)

 


I watched a few classic disney movies already like Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, The Three Caballeros, The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and Alice In Wonderland, and now I recently watched Fantasia. And I thought it was incredibly massive.

This isn't going to be a long review. I'm simply just giving my own thoughts about every chapter in the movie


Toccata And Fugue In D Minor

The first music segment in the movie and I have to say it's my least favorite easily, but then again it's the start and there are alot of positives to it. The colors are really vibrant and even though I don't like to experience abstract art, it's very well animated here. It's an easy distraction.



The Nutcraker Suite

Now this is where it really begins. I really like the animation of the fairies, and the mushroom dance segment was cute. Everything else is just really comfortable to look at.


 

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Mickey gets his own scene in this segment and he's really enjoyable, this is easily the most iconic part in the whole movie. It's really unforgotten and has a good plot to it. I have nothing else to say than it's just perfectly good.



Rite Of Spring 

This is by far my favorite segment in the entire movie. I was astounded by the volcano and lava part, it just felt too professional but in a good way and the animation on the dinosaurs feels something not really by Disney. It's one of the best and still looks massive even after 80+ years. Love this one.



The Pastoral Symphony 

This is also among my favorite parts of this movie. The colors are absolutely amazing and the characters are really vibrant, playful and heartwarming. This is one of the more longer ones but it's really good for being this long. 



Dance Of The Hours

This one is solid even though it gets better once the crocodiles appear.


Night On Bald Mountain

People say that this is one of the best parts of the film, and while I don't agree too much on that, I can't disagree either. I love the animation and it feels a certain vibe. Could be good for halloween even. I saw a few clips of it and I'm glad I seen all of it.


Ave Maria

The last segment of the entire movie. It's a good way to end it. I like it. 👍 


This was such a great watch that it was just beautiful from start to finish. I'll have to admit it, it's not my favorite classic disney film, I tend to prefer a film with more realistic, and funny characters, but it's still a classic gem. I'm giving this an 8.5. The reason why I'm giving this a 8.5 instead of a 9, it's because it's not a movie I would want to watch again, and I kinda wished there was a little bit of sound effects or at least a word out of the characters especially the crocodiles in Dance Of The Hours, but you know what, they don't need to do that because it's perfectly good by itself. I'm planning to do more movie reviews in the future. 

Anyways have a good day and I will see you next time. Bye-a! 👋 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 2

  The underwater effect is really great in this cartoon. I also love how Bugs dressed up as a mermaid, literally plays tag and slaps the hec...