Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 2

 


The underwater effect is really great in this cartoon. I also love how Bugs dressed up as a mermaid, literally plays tag and slaps the heck out of this dog and it manages to spin like crazy. 



Also these expressions are so fantastic it makes me happy. 





I made a new character and tried out drawing the  detailed expressions.




Bugs then slaps the dog with his fins and the animation on that is also really memorable.



The dog now gets mad and the expression is really masterful. I actually still need to learn how to draw his teeth like that. Great action scene.




He then realizes that for him being distracted by Bugs Bunny and trying to offer food, the dog freaks out. His mouth in the 3rd frame of this picture is Bob Clampett for sure.



Clampett is known for having his characters stretch their mouths and I always found that to be genius and expressive.



These 8 shots are massive!




Bugs does his antics to think he's ready to be eaten by disguising himself as a rabbit sandwich. Look at the sweaty tongue the dog has in these few frames. 




The only problem I seem to have with the cartoon is the ending. In fact, there was a lost original ending where Bugs puts a gun to the dog's mouth, but in the more safer version on DVDs, he shoots himself and it's not really that funny, the original lost ending is way better. But the last 10 seconds is cool. 



It reminds me of the ending in A Fractured Leghorn (1950) a underrated masterpiece.



The dog has actually came back in the recent show, Looney Tunes Cartoons. It's paying alot of homage to the classic Looney Tunes and it's a really enjoyable show if you ask me. Watched a few episodes already and they were funny. Also the backgrounds sometimes feel lively. I haven't watched this episode in particular. I should. It's called Bonehead. It looks like a good one. 👍 



I'm finished going through a classic Looney Tunes cartoon that not gonna lie, this is gonna sound weird, have a guilty pleasure about. There's alot of cartoons I have guilty pleasures about like a few of the Censored 11 cartoons, the Sniffles cartoons and a movie I watched recently called Saludos Amigos.



I certainly hope you have a good day. Animation back then was extremely genius.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 2

  The underwater effect is really great in this cartoon. I also love how Bugs dressed up as a mermaid, literally plays tag and slaps the hec...