Saturday, August 31, 2024

A Few Of My Favorite Classic Cartoons Part 2/2

 


Dough Ray Me-Ow (1948) is another Looney Tunes cartoon that feels influential and hilarious. The characters names are Heathcliff, the cat, and Louie the parrot. Both of these guy's personalities are memorable to me. Like I remember that Heathcliff is dumb, I remember that Louie wants the money, it's fantastic. And the gags are all fun and enjoyable. By far my favorite is when Heathcliff thinks he's not four but he is with a certificate and he's running around with a cake with candles and a stick of dynamite. 


Woody Woodpecker's cartoons we're always interesting  and i do like the character, but I didn't really loved how he evolved. The design he has in his first few cartoons will always be my favorite, and the fact that Mel Blanc voices him. What makes Woody Woodpecker (1941) memorable to me, is that the acting is so related to something like Looney Tunes that I'm suprised that the Universal cartoons would do this. By far my favorite is when Woody is dealing with these cute animals, and Woody is showing off them with his tricks. I also like the fox alot as well. He has one of the best poses to a cartoon I ever seen. The ending was also funny. Give this one a watch. 


Bugs' Bonnets (1956) is by far one of my favorite Chuck Jones cartoons I ever seen. It's laugh-out-loud from start to finish. I still get these scenes stuck in my head to this day. The fact that these head accessories are falling from existence, and is what the entire point of this cartoon is, I don't blame it. It's like every minute of this cartoon Bugs, and Elmer are playing different roles that feel out of character for them. Also with Chuck Jones, I'm not necessarily fond of Chuck Jones's animation in the late 50s to 60s, but here it's hilarious because of the expressions and movement when certain things happen. And I have to give it his, Chuck Jones's Bugs Bunny design is so cute those days when he made these. I would highly give this one a go. You may think it's not the best cartoons ever but to me it is. 


Kitty Kornered (1946) is a cartoon I thought was the best I ever seen when I first saw it, and my opinion still stands. Porky Pig is one of my favorite characters and I found him more interesting than Daffy. I pretty much relate to him 24/7. This is by far the most influential cartoons I ever seen. All the cats designs has a certain charm to it, and the story is all over the place, but makes sense somehow. I have nothing else to say, it's just a cartoon I never get sick of with how many times I see it. 


Droopy's Double Trouble (1951) is one of my favorite Droopy shorts. It's one of the best ideas to a Tex Avery cartoon I ever seen. I always found the twin dynamic to be hilarious and really chaotic at times. But by far what makes this great is that you can't tell which one is who because their both wearing the same outfits and same face proportions. Butch has the best expressions to a Tex Avery cartoon I ever seen. Just look at these. 👇


              Those two expressions are meme-worthy.



The last cartoon I will be talking about is Awful Orphan (1949). My favorite of the Porky and Charlie Dog cartoons. Their dynamic is one of the greatest in the Looney Tunes catalog. Charlie Dog is the best character I ever seen. He just relates to my sense of humor and my mind while Porky relates to how I usually am in real life. The introduction is simply Charlie introducing himself to a bunch of strangers and it's just so cute and funny. And this also has the best moments to the series so far. Where Porky sends Charlie Dog off to Siberia and after kicked off, he wears Siberian clothes and does the Cossack dance. Which is by far my favorite dances in animation history. Love the aesthetic of this one and Chuck Jones's greats. 


Well, I'm done all 13 of these. I might be doing more but I'm willing to talk about other things. 

Anyways hope you like what i reviewed. And have a good Saturday. Bye-a 👋 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 1/2

  September 17th to September 18th I will be talking about Hare Ribbin' (1944). My favorite classic cartoon that has the best animated f...