Friday, August 30, 2024

A Few Of My Favorite Classic Cartoons Part 1/2

 If you haven't seen my first page. I was willing to talk about my favorite classic cartoons I have enjoyed for the past few years. And so far I have 7. I'm showing you 13. But 7 can take up this page. So let's begin. 




 

The Riveter (1940) is hilarious from start to finish. The late 30s to early 40s Donald Duck was the best. He had cartoons centered around slapstick and comedic timing and mostly he would come across Pete. It has some beautiful backgrounds and funny animation. When Donald starts to feel the rivet making the noises, it has some hilarious moments, like when Donald ruins Pete's sandwich. I would highly recommend you watching it. It's what I could consider a Disney Classic. 



Another classic disney short that is also my favorite is Billposters (1940). This is one of the most hilarious cartoons ever made where Donald and Goofy are displaying posters for a soup company. It starts to get funny once Goofy is doing the work, where he puts the poster on the windmill. It gets better and better. Highly recommend you watching this. This is somehow even underrated and not well liked by critics. Can't imagine why. 🙄


The Windblown Hare (1949) is one of my favorite Looney Tunes Shorts. It's not the first experience I ever had from this franchise but It's one I kinda overlooked for and the more times I watch it, the better. Robert McKimson is severely underrated and I found him way better than Chuck Jones. Sometimes he would make a Bugs Bunny cartoon so intense and his own characters, Foghorn Leghorn and Pete Puma are way more hilarious and fit in than Chuck Jones's Marvin The Martian and Pepe Le Pew, in my opinion. 

This cartoon is so hilarious that the pigs even make fun of the wolf for the sake of blowing houses. And Bugs is at his best here. He's mostly all interesting in his cartoons but here he's absolutely insane and more clever than I thought he ever was especially with his line deliveries. 



Art Davis to me is also overlooked the most with the Looney Tunes directors. He made one of the best cartoons Looney Tunes ever did. And this is called What Makes Daffy Duck (1948). The animation is rubbery which is what I love about it. It even has one the best title names to a cartoon. The gags are awesome and I appreciate this cartoon more for it's movement because i get these rubbery animated scenes stuck in my head all the time and i don't mind it. 



Red Hot Riding Hood (1943) - Tex Avery's MGM animated shorts have to be my favorites of all time. All of them were either great to masterwork. And this is one of my favorite classic cartoons ever. The intro starts off as a trick to think this was another Red Riding Hood parody and immediately the wolf demands something more unique even Red Riding Hood and the grandma agrees. It's one of the best introductions ever. I'm a big huge fan of fairytales and this kicked me off guard when I first saw it. I also love the Wolf's design when he is in his tuxedo suit. And Red's performance was also fun. I would highly recommend you watching this. This is what a cartoon should be. Fun gags, some unique music sequences, and feels real without feeling too surreal. 


Katnip Kollege (1938) is a cartoon that everyone seems to not care but I care the most. Mostly because I find it "The Most Underrated" this was great when I first saw it but then I loved it more with it's music, colorful characters and backgrounds. Johnny Cat is one of the coolest characters in the Looney Tunes catalog and his relationship with Kitty Bright is also fun too. When cartoons like these are made, it doesn't need to much of a story, it can just care about the music and energy much like how the 30s was. We didn't need sad, we needed happy. Especially with people back then in the last few years of The Great Depression. Feel free to watch this one if it interests you.



Screwball Squirrel (1944) is the last one I will be talking about on this page. This cartoon is the best ever in terms of the gags. And the intro with the disney styled squirrel was hilarious and relatable. Even though I am a Classic Disney Movie Fan myself, I never found that design good mostly cuz it felt too cutesy. Its close to the designs in Bambi which i never cared about and a Disney film thats not a classic in my taste. Anyways, while going through the gags, the best ones are when they are chasing around and somehow the frames are on repeat and Screwy doesn't know what's going on and Screwy looking at what he's doing next like he's flipping onto a page is pure Avery. I would recommend you watching this. 


I'll be back later for more of my favorite classic cartoons. 

In the meantime have a good day. 👍 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 1/2

  September 17th to September 18th I will be talking about Hare Ribbin' (1944). My favorite classic cartoon that has the best animated f...