Monday, September 2, 2024

People And Cartoon Characters I Seem To Like For Their Looks

 When it comes to watching something, I love a certain aesthetic to it, the animation or movements with the characters that has to be fun to watch, I have a list of specific images I want to talk about. 



Henry Jetsy is a character I named and designed recently and has some fresh and pleasant clothes. He genuinely feels some matter of influence. 




That's because I love almost everything about the 1950s Goofy cartoons. His cartoons are influential to me and the whole designs are memorable, even the way he's walking, it gets me everytime. 


  Jack Kinney mostly directed these and I would say at best he improves every short he's made even though my favorite cartoon by his is Motor Mania (1950). His animation is zany and easy to follow. 



Ren Hoek is definitely a character I have alot of inspiration on. His design is just so perfect. 

Yes. I watched Ren and Stimpy, and I watched it when I was more into watching anything my mind has to offer, and it's a really solid show. Ren and Stimpy are stupidly funny and the aesthetic while I'm not too fond of it when it evolved, I loved how it looked in the early 90s. I still recall the pilot episode and the season 1 episodes and they are still great to this day.



 The Tex Avery Wolf is the most recognizable design to me. Most of my drawings I did for the past few months have relied on The Wolf's expressions like when he does the huge eyes, and the way he drops his tounge. It's amazing. 



The cats in Kitty Kornered are hilarious. My first experience with the cartoon itself was with a YouTube video. Just a small 40 second clip.



If you watched it, that's how I discovered this masterpiece. You may think it's unspecial, but to me it changed my life.



Book Revue is a fantastic time if you love Bob Clampett and 40s Daffy Duck because this cartoon is impeccable and crazy. My favorite is when Zoot Suit Daffy comes along
 and steals the cartoon EASILY. The 6 pictures I picked, I should learn how to animate like this. I don't want to steal all of Clampett's work obviously but when it comes to these expressions, i should know how these work, because it moves so realistically and cartoony. 



This is an unexpected interest of mine, but I LOVE these early 20th century comic strips. They sometimes have unique poses like with this one where in the 2nd strip, this guy stretches out his legs. That's absolutely funny to me. I'm wanting to talk about more about these comics made by these obscure artists but I'll talk about it another day. 


And now I want to talk about real people. And all of these are mostly classic hollywood. Classic Hollywood to me has always been a thing I should research more, but have been recently trying to plan by watching some classic movies I find interesting. I'm not always an animation person. 



The first person I'm talking about that I always wanted to get to know is Gene Kelly. I seen a few clips of him dancing and I'm expecting him to be an absolute legend if I watch his movies. I really want to watch Singin' In The Rain sometime this month and his other movies back in the 50s. But I got to search where I can watch these. And luckily Singin' In The Rain is on Max so good for that. 




Just like with Gene Kelly, Bing Crosby is a part of classic hollywood I want to watch more movies of. I did watch a few of his movies so far, as so his shorts. Yes, He did have short films back in the early 30s and most of them were funny. The first time I experienced this utterly underrated singer nowadays is in a Looney Tunes cartoon called Hollywood Steps Out. And unsurprisingly he felt kinda special so I had to watch a few clips and holy heck, he starred in some really great movies, the road to films specifically and his talent is just impeccable to me. In particular the 30s, he looked so fresh, heck this is going to sound weird but I kinda have a crush on him nowadays. There's something about his face and his calm, laid-back demeanor that makes it charming. 



  

This is in one of his rare early 30s shorts Please (1933). This film to me is solid, but then again love his look in this.



I have to watch Audrey Hepburn's movies. She has to be the most beautiful actresses to me. I seen a few clips and pictures of her in her main movie, Breakfast At Tiffany's and I have to watch it somehow this year. Her fashion to me is iconic the most.





Another actress I want to watch more movies of is Judy Garland. I watched the Wizard Of Oz and I thought it was easily iconic. Fun Fact, I pretty much didn't like this movie when I first watched it at 6 in my elementary school. I don't know why though, but back then I pretty much know why I didn't like to watch classic stuff from the 30s to 50s, I was just a hater and admittedly didn't like the poorly aged audio, and jokes, but I had to get used to it, and I'm glad I did. Anyways, I would love to experience Garland more because her singing voice and acting roles are amazing.



Billy Gilbert is one of the most obscure classic celebrities I admire. The first experience I had with him was in a Laurel And Hardy film, The Music Box (1932). What made that short film hilarious was when Billy Gilbert came and his voice was something I have never heard of before. He sounded so powerful and couldn't take a break. My mind was literally blown and I was full of ideas to design a character like this. That's when I made a character like Gilbert, named Ox Fisher. 







The last person, well, people I want to talk about is one of the most hilarious and most influential out of the bunch, The Three Stooges mostly Curly, Larry and Moe not really Shemp and Joe even though both of them are decently funny. When I watched my first experience with the Stooges, Three Little Beers, I liked it alot and wanted to watch more episodes, and the more I watched them, the more laughs i get. The first 50 episodes of this franchise is one of the most hilarious things I ever watched. Though, i didn't watch too much episodes, I'm 100% willing to watch more of it and also experiencing Shemp and Joe's times with the Stooges. So far my favorites are Disorder In The Court (1936), Men In Black (1934), Hoi Polloi (1935), and pretty much my top 1 favorite so far is A Pain In The Pullman (1936). You should watch one Three Stooges Short if you haven't watched them. Because basically much of all of them are easy to watch. 



               Another Henry Jetsy drawing I made.


This was the longest blog I written so far. But it's a one that will suprise you for who I picked. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and I will see you tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hare Ribbin' (1944) Part 1/2

  September 17th to September 18th I will be talking about Hare Ribbin' (1944). My favorite classic cartoon that has the best animated f...