I think my favorite celebrity caricature artist is Jacques Kapralik. I looked into his work a few months ago and admiring it. Some of the movie posters (I guess when it comes to it's theatrical releases), you can notice his artwork, like Silk Stockings and Designing Woman.
These are so cute. Just imagining an animated version of these people. Sorta stop-motion-ish.
These type of pictures in particular are all movies from the MGM studio.
I like how here below, with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn, there's neat details of the beds. I like how Hepburn is reading one of her movies.
It has appealing backgrounds. It's simple but very adorable. I can easily recognize most of the actors. I wouldn't say I suck at drawing caricatures but just like with cartoon characters that have alot of construction so as the facial features, and overall distinctive looks of Old Hollywood actors.
Kapralik was just masterful.
I think at best his posters are frankily better advertising than the original movie posters.
I would assume Kapralik was easily appreciated back then. I would've liked his work if I was living during the Golden Age of Hollywood as well.
Do jobs like creating an illustration and promoting it for holidays still exist?
Here's a couple more of his illustrations but it's probably hand-drawn. I still like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment