Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Chuck Jones Cartoon Expressions

 

I love how Chuck Jones's cartoons looked back in the 50s. This below is an expression I've been thinking about lately. I just love these reactions by Wile E Coyote.





From the same cartoon, The Coyote sure looks exhausted and overwhelmed. I'm not a fan of gag-to-gag cartoons so him trying to catch the Roadrunner, I have a bare minimum for how I enjoy these type of cartoons.





But I still enjoy how well-drawn it is. There's easily likeable action and the gags are very funny.



The Scaredy Cat trilogy is great, Jumpin' Jupiter is a very underrated Jones cartoon in particular and this is by far my favorite part of the film.





Marc Anthony delivers some of the cutest and saddest expressions in 1952's Feed The Kitty.







Bugs and Daffy in their infamous cartoon pairing, Rabbit Fire.





Lastly, I have a few scenes from The Wearing Of The Grin, not my favorite cartoon, but it's probably my favorite in terms of it's atmosphere. I love how Porky wears a fedora and coat, and some of these stills of the leprechauns are very cool.









I would like to share some Clampett and McKimson but I'm more or so inspired by Jones nowadays. I still like both of them, so I'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jacques Kapralik

  I think my favorite celebrity caricature artist is Jacques Kapralik. I looked into his work a few months ago and admiring it. Some of the ...